SOTA’s Quasar yet again brings unparalleled performance to the price point. Three phase synchronous motor controlled by the Condor PSU drives a clean, clear, precise speed. The bass extension is more accurate with the thick MDF core wrapped in American walnut. The clarity of sound is found with the speed stability of the Eclipse package. More separation of instruments and voices create a soundstage that is breathtaking at a price point that is not. Stock tonearm is the well-recognized Rega RB330, but the Quasar mount accommodates SME, Origin Live, Audiomod, and other tonearms as well. 360 brass spike feet with pads for improved imaging and sonics finish off the table.
- Ultimate 3-phase brushless AC synchronous motor with low vibration
- Ultimate Condor digital power source with crystal-controlled motor speed precision in 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM operation. Technology licensed through Phoenix Engineering
- Optional RoadRunner tachometer with built in accumulated time counter. Runner has direct connection to the Condor’s power supply for completely automatic fine-adjustment operation. Add $525 to the below cost for an installed RoadRunner.
- 1.5” Clear acrylic platter with hand-lapped steel shaft in 360 brass bearing cup
- 2-¼” thick walnut wood plinth with interchangeable tonearm base